Established in 2000, the PVWRC is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization and is affiliated with the Road Runners Club of America.
The mission of the PVWRC is to support women walkers and runners, by serving as a resource for race information, training partners, and topics of interest to members.
The Club strives to be a good community citizen, highlighting local organizations, races supporting charitable causes, and providing scholarship assistance to high school seniors going on to college.
The PVWRC is happy to announce a partnership with the Western Mass Girls on the Run! GOTR serves Franklin, Berkshire, Hampshire and Hampden Counties. GIRLS ON THE RUN is a physical activity-based positive youth development program for girls of all abilities. Whether it’s safely meeting in small teams or connecting virtually, our trained coaches are ready to help girls grow! Girls on the Run teaches life skills through dynamic, interactive lessons and running games.
The Pioneer Women’s Running Club offers a $1,000 scholarship for college-bound female high school athlete.
PVWRC is the first and largest all women’s running club in Western Massachusetts and Northern Connecticut. The PVWRC is a civic-minded club that hopes to support a female runner in its local community through this annual scholarship fund. To date the Pioneer Valley Women’s Running Club has awarded over $25,000.00 in scholarships. The scholarship aims to reward a well-rounded, intelligent, civic-minded, college-bound high school senior who’s passionate about running. Applications are received approximately February 1st and May 1st.
Contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Congratulations to Emily Stark of Minnechaug Regional High School for being selected as the 2023 PVWRC Scholarship Recipient!
Emily excelled in cross country her freshman, junior and senior years. Emily was the first student athlete at Minnechaug to Para with a collaborative student for their sport.
Emily will attend Springfield College in the fall.
Congratulations and best wishes to Emily, a young woman who best exhibits the finest PVWRC qualities and values!
Scholarships have been awarded annually as follows:
- 2023 – Emily Stark, Minnechaug Regional
- 2022 – Emily Brydges, Suffield
- 2021 – Madeline Jenkins, Hampshire Regional
- 2020 – Kylie Raymond, Somers
- 2019 – Katie Dold, Monson
- 2018 – Amanda Adams, Hampshire Regional, and Amy O’Sullivan, Greenfield
- 2017 – Haley Sullivan, Easthampton
- 2016 – Madeleine Hamparian, Belchertown
- 2015 – Lindsay Wassung, Agawam, and Allison Haryasz, Longmeadow
- 2014 – Kim McCarthy, Ludlow
- 2013 – Diamonte’ Spencer, Springfield Central, and Sara Vanna, Amherst Regional
- 2012 – Madison Granger, Belchertown, and Nora Garrity, Cathedral
- 2011 – Emma Larson, Northampton, and Sarah Wilson, Suffield
- 2010 – Leah Haake, Amherst Regional
- 2009 – Kristen Veit, Holyoke Catholic
- 2008 – Lauren Litscher, East Longmeadow, and Jeileen Rivera, Springfield Central
- 2007 – Carolyn Callaghan, Minnechaug Regional
- 2006 – Nicole Potter, Ludlow
- 2005 – Rebecca Compton, Longmeadow, and Casey Kane Monaghan, Holyoke
- 2004 – Lucy Sheehan, Longmeadow, and Amanda Riderle, Amherst Regional
- 2003 – Kristina Miner, Suffield
- 2002 – Heather Wenninger, Chicopee Comprehensive