Established in 2000, the PVWRC is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization and is affiliated with the Road Runners Club of America.
The mission of the PVWRC is to support women walkers and runners, by serving as a resource for race information, training partners, and topics of interest to members.
The Club strives to be a good community citizen, highlighting local organizations, races supporting charitable causes, and providing scholarship assistance to high school seniors going on to college.
The Pioneer Women’s Running Club offers a $1,000 scholarship for college-bound female high school athlete.
PVWRC is the first and largest all women’s running club in Western Massachusetts and Northern Connecticut. The PVWRC is a civic-minded club that hopes to support a female runner in its local community through this annual scholarship fund. To date the Pioneer Valley Women’s Running Club has awarded over $25,000.00 in scholarships. The scholarship aims to reward a well-rounded, intelligent, civic-minded, college-bound high school senior who’s passionate about running. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to Kylie Raymond of Somers High School for being selected as the 2020 PVWRC Scholarship Recipient!
Kylie is noted as being respectful, kind, hardworking, and one who sets an example with strong leadership skills. Throughout her running career which began in middle school, her races, awards, honors and achievements are countless in number and variety.
Being a recent graduate of Somers High School, Kylie will be attending American University in Washington, DC in the fall where she will continue to run D1 Cross Country and Track and Field.
Congratulations and best wishes to Kylie, a young woman who best demonstrates the finest PVWRC qualities and values.
Scholarships have been awarded annually as follows:
- 2020 – Kylie Raymond, Somers
- 2019 – Katie Dold, Monson
- 2018 – Amanda Adams, Hampshire Regional, and Amy O’Sullivan, Greenfield
- 2017 – Haley Sullivan, Easthampton
- 2016 – Madeleine Hamparian, Belchertown
- 2015 – Lindsay Wassung, Agawam, and Allison Haryasz, Longmeadow
- 2014 – Kim McCarthy, Ludlow
- 2013 – Diamonte’ Spencer, Springfield Central, and Sara Vanna, Amherst Regional
- 2012 – Madison Granger, Belchertown, and Nora Garrity, Cathedral
- 2011 – Emma Larson, Northampton, and Sarah Wilson, Suffield
- 2010 – Leah Haake, Amherst Regional
- 2009 – Kristen Veit, Holyoke Catholic
- 2008 – Lauren Litscher, East Longmeadow, and Jeileen Rivera, Springfield Central
- 2007 – Carolyn Callaghan, Minnechaug Regional
- 2006 – Nicole Potter, Ludlow
- 2005 – Rebecca Compton, Longmeadow, and Casey Kane Monaghan, Holyoke
- 2004 – Lucy Sheehan, Longmeadow, and Amanda Riderle, Amherst Regional
- 2003 – Kristina Miner, Suffield
- 2002 – Heather Wenninger, Chicopee Comprehensive