Established in 2000, the PVWRC is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization and is affiliated with the Road Runners Club of America.
The mission of the PVWRC is to support women walkers and runners, by serving as a resource for race information, training partners, and topics of interest to members.
The Club strives to be a good community citizen, highlighting local organizations, races supporting charitable causes, and providing scholarship assistance to high school seniors going on to college.
The Pioneer Women’s Running Club offers a $1,000 scholarship for college-bound female high school athlete.
PVWRC is the first and largest all women’s running club in Western Massachusetts and Northern Connecticut. The PVWRC is a civic-minded club that hopes to support a female runner in its local community through this annual scholarship fund. The scholarship aims to reward a well-rounded, intelligent, civic-minded, college-bound high school senior who’s passionate about running. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to Katie Dold of Monson High School for being selected as the 2019 PVWRC Scholarship Recipient!
While in high school Katie has participated in Varsity Cross-Country and Track and Field. She has also competed in the Hot Chocolate Run for Safe Passage, Rugged Maniac, and Monson Memorial Classic 5k. In addition to her running activities, Katie has been Class Treasurer, Class Vice-President and a Student Council member. Her academic accomplishments include membership in the National Honor Society, Excellence in Spanish Award, and Science Fair First Place. She has also volunteered in the community with the Monson Athletic Boosters, Red Cross Blood Drive, and Special Olympics. Katie will be attending the University of New Hampshire this fall.
Scholarships have been awarded annually as follows:
- 2019 – Katie Dold, Monson
- 2018 – Amanda Adams, Hampshire Regional, and Amy O’Sullivan, Greenfield
- 2017 – Haley Sullivan, Easthampton
- 2016 – Madeleine Hamparian, Belchertown
- 2015 – Lindsay Wassung, Agawam, and Allison Haryasz, Longmeadow
- 2014 – Kim McCarthy, Ludlow
- 2013 – Diamonte’ Spencer, Springfield Central, and Sara Vanna, Amherst Regional
- 2012 – Madison Granger, Belchertown, and Nora Garrity, Cathedral
- 2011 – Emma Larson, Northampton, and Sarah Wilson, Suffield
- 2010 – Leah Haake, Amherst Regional
- 2009 – Kristen Veit, Holyoke Catholic
- 2008 – Lauren Litscher, East Longmeadow, and Jeileen Rivera, Springfield Central
- 2007 – Carolyn Callaghan, Minnechaug Regional
- 2006 – Nicole Potter, Ludlow
- 2005 – Rebecca Compton, Longmeadow, and Casey Kane Monaghan, Holyoke
- 2004 – Lucy Sheehan, Longmeadow, and Amanda Riderle, Amherst Regional
- 2003 – Kristina Miner, Suffield
- 2002 – Heather Wenninger, Chicopee Comprehensive