Established in 2000, the PVWRC is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization and is affiliated with the Road Runners Club of America.
The mission of the PVWRC is to support women walkers and runners, by serving as a resource for race information, training partners, and topics of interest to members.
The Club strives to be a good community citizen, highlighting local organizations, races supporting charitable causes, and providing scholarship assistance to high school seniors going on to college.
The PVWRC is happy to announce a partnership with the Western Mass Girls on the Run! GOTR serves Franklin, Berkshire, Hampshire and Hampden Counties. GIRLS ON THE RUN is a physical activity-based positive youth development program for girls of all abilities. Whether it’s safely meeting in small teams or connecting virtually, our trained coaches are ready to help girls grow! Girls on the Run teaches life skills through dynamic, interactive lessons and running games.
Check to see where we put our efforts next!
The Pioneer Women’s Running Club offers a $1,000 scholarship for college-bound female high school athlete.
PVWRC is the first and largest all women’s running club in Western Massachusetts and Northern Connecticut. The PVWRC is a civic-minded club that hopes to support a female runner in its local community through this annual scholarship fund. To date the Pioneer Valley Women’s Running Club has awarded over $25,000.00 in scholarships. The scholarship aims to reward a well-rounded, intelligent, civic-minded, college-bound high school senior who’s passionate about running. Please fill out the application here! Contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Congratulations to Madeline Jenkins of Hampshire Regional High School for being selected as the 2021 PVWRC Scholarship Recipient!
Madeline has run cross country, indoor and outdoor track since seventh grade and was captain
of all three teams for her junior and senior years. Not only did Madeline qualified for Western Mass in
Cross Country but she also qualified for All States in her Jr. and Sr. years…
Madeline plans to attend Stonehill College majoring in health science with a pre-physical therapy
track and plans to try out for the Cross Country team.
Congratulations and best wishes to Madeline, a young woman who best demonstrates the finest PVWRC qualities and values.
Scholarships have been awarded annually as follows:
- 2021 – Madeline Jenkins, Hampshire Regional
- 2020 – Kylie Raymond, Somers
- 2019 – Katie Dold, Monson
- 2018 – Amanda Adams, Hampshire Regional, and Amy O’Sullivan, Greenfield
- 2017 – Haley Sullivan, Easthampton
- 2016 – Madeleine Hamparian, Belchertown
- 2015 – Lindsay Wassung, Agawam, and Allison Haryasz, Longmeadow
- 2014 – Kim McCarthy, Ludlow
- 2013 – Diamonte’ Spencer, Springfield Central, and Sara Vanna, Amherst Regional
- 2012 – Madison Granger, Belchertown, and Nora Garrity, Cathedral
- 2011 – Emma Larson, Northampton, and Sarah Wilson, Suffield
- 2010 – Leah Haake, Amherst Regional
- 2009 – Kristen Veit, Holyoke Catholic
- 2008 – Lauren Litscher, East Longmeadow, and Jeileen Rivera, Springfield Central
- 2007 – Carolyn Callaghan, Minnechaug Regional
- 2006 – Nicole Potter, Ludlow
- 2005 – Rebecca Compton, Longmeadow, and Casey Kane Monaghan, Holyoke
- 2004 – Lucy Sheehan, Longmeadow, and Amanda Riderle, Amherst Regional
- 2003 – Kristina Miner, Suffield
- 2002 – Heather Wenninger, Chicopee Comprehensive