Established in 2000, the PVWRC is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization and is affiliated with the Road Runners Club of America.
The mission of the PVWRC is to support women walkers and runners, by serving as a resource for race information, training partners, and topics of interest to members.
The Club strives to be a good community citizen, highlighting local organizations, races supporting charitable causes, and providing scholarship assistance to high school seniors going on to college.
The PVWRC offers a $1,000 scholarship for college-bound female high school athletes.
Scholarships have been awarded annually as follows:
- 2017 – Haley Sullivan, Easthampton High School
- 2016 – Madeleine Hamparian, Belchertown High School
- 2015 – Lindsay Wassung, Agawam High School, and Allison Haryasz, Longmeadow High School
- 2014 – Kim McCarthy, Ludlow High School
- 2013 – Diamonte’ Spencer, Central High School, and Sara Vanna, Amherst Regional High School
- 2012 – Madison Granger, Belchertown High School, and Nora Garrity, Cathedral High School
- 2011 – Emma Larson, Northampton High & Sarah Wilson, Suffield High
- 2010 – Leah Haake, Amherst Regional
- 2009 – Kristen Veit, Holyoke Catholic
- 2008 – Lauren Litscher, E.L High, and Jeileen Rivera, Springfield Central High
- 2007 – Carolyn Callaghan, Minnechaug Regiona
- 2006 – Nicole Potter, Ludlow High
- 2005 – Rebecca Compton, Longmeadow High, and Casey Kane Monaghan, Holyoke High
- 2004 – Lucy Sheehan, Longmeadow High, and Amanda Riderle, Amherst Regional
- 2003 – Kristina Miner, Suffield High
- 2002 – Heather Wenninger, Chicopee Comp